Top Bar Navigation

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Time to Play Catch Up

Long time since I wrote last... Lets see what happened between then and now. 

We had a kick ass ladies weekend in Austin, Texas with about 6 of us Houston ladies and a few that are already in Atx. We skated non stop for 3 days straight, we hit new hills and fed off each others vibes!  I learned how to do some new freeriding thanks to Hannah and Bryanne and I skated Lost Creek for the first time. It was an amazing weekend but as always, it was too short. I ended up finishing up that weekend with one less sponsor. I withdrew from Crossroads and wish everyone the best!


I went home to Denton for a week but skated with some homies up there. Skated some downtown Fort Worth Garages with Tanner, John W, Erick, Kelly, Ryan Richbourg, Dustin and a few other ppl. We had extreme butt board races, one run I almost took out Erick... Whoopsies! It was a really fun night for sure.

Two days later, Greenbaker and John W took me to skate my favorite dh run in FtW and more downtown Ft Worth garages. They were so much fun and one was super fast! I didnt want to leave and just wanted to skate all night. (: Even the view from the very tippy top of a garage during a lightening storm was amazing!

Not much as happened since I got back from DFW, because school started... Booo! Im slaving my days away on a clinical rotation. Pediatric clinic is where Im at right now.

The Patriot Race. Epic is all that is needed to describe the whole weekend! STEP 1- 22 ppl got stuck in an elevator at the garage race, and took 45 minutes to get them out. The race got cancelled, but a group of us found somewhere else to skate. STEP 2- Buttboard Race in ATX at an abandoned water slide. It was crazy and tight banked turns. It was so much fun! STEP 3- Patriot Race Day.   Bryanne, myself, Rachel, Kristin, Taylor, Freda, plus two other new ladies were racing. It was amazing to see so many ladies racing now! The finals was Rachel, Taylor, Bryanne and myself. STEP 4- Skate sesh before we left Atx and kissed a lot of concrete at Lost Creek Main. My fastest crash and it was scary... Healing up to skate again.


2nd place, 1st place, 3rd place

The Podium was 1st: Bryanne, 2nd: Myself, 3rd: Taylor, 4th: Rachel. This was my first time to podium at a race and was super excited the entire weekend. I was really excited that Bryanne was in the podium too because she my best friend.

What a freaking awesome skate trip it turned out to be! I got to see all my friends from all over Texas and skate with them! Heres to the next time.

-Sk8

No comments:

Post a Comment